Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Going Postal!



So I went to the Post Office yesterday to mail off some packages and found out some interesting bit of information. By the way, am I the only one who likes going to the post office? As a business owner, I am always impressed to see our Government working as a finely oiled machine, it always gives me a sense of pride. (patriotism at its finest)

And, just so you know, the term “going postal” certainly does not apply at the Mesa Main location. Every employee is happy, smiling and joking with customers every time I go in there! Go USPS! Anyhow, upon requesting 100 stamps, my very friendly postal worker asked if I knew about the postage price increase coming in May of this year. “No, I did not” I replied. He then informed me of something that I really must share with all of you. I can’t believe it!


Apparently if you purchase the ‘Forever’ stamp with the liberty bell on it, you can literally use it forever!!!! Regardless of the increases in postage cost! That means you can purchase a large quantity of stamps now for .41 cents and still use them 5 years from now, even if the cost of a first class stamp is $2.00 by then! (only pertains to first class stamp cost) Have you ever heard of such a crazy deal!? So, as an FYI to all future brides, you might want to make a run on the post office and save yourself the price increase!


*My sister just informed me that the Forever stamp was released months ago and it was all over the news! I am wondering how I did not know about it when I watch the news every morning! Oh well, to all of the rest of you not in 'the know' enjoy this bit of information!

No comments: