Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Great Pumpkin




One of nature’s greatest gifts to us is the pumpkin! I literally look forward all year long to the arrival of it in the grocery stores, and on the restaurant menus. I usually start bugging our local restauranteur at this time of year to bring on the pumpkin crème brulee that is one of their specialties. I think I make them crazy. So in order to squash (ha ha) my pumpkin cravings, I baked these absolutely dee-licious pumpkin cookies yesterday. (photo below) They were so moist and yummy with the cream cheese frosting on top. My neighbors were so happy when I rang their door and delivered them a plate full! It’s always good to spread the love. (and the calories!)

So because of my love for pumpkins, when I found out that there is an annual Pumpkin Festival in Half Moon Bay, California, I simply had to go. (Of course that was just an excuse for me and my husband to visit San Francisco. One of our favorite cities.) The photo on top was taken at a pumpkin farm on the way to the festival. I can hardly resist the desire to sip on some hot cider as I gaze lovingly at these beauties.
-M



p.s. If you too would love to partake of some pumpkin creme brulee, you really must visit the Blue Adobe Grille in Mesa. You will not be dissappointed! Be sure to call first, I don't think they normally start making it 'til October, but I am trying! http://blueadobegrille.com

4 comments:

Dawn said...

The cookies look yummy! Would love it if you would post the recipe!

Everhart Family said...

And what lucky neighbors we are! Poor Yancy did not even get one of your super delicious cookies. This pregy ate them ALL!

Domestic Bliss & FOUND said...

YUM YUM YUM!!! So pretty~

marni zarr said...

baking the cookies today!!
thanks for the beautiful pictures-
we share a love for my three favorite things-fall, pumpkins and portland