Friday, October 31, 2008


I love Halloween! It's so much fun to dress up, decorate and enjoy. This day has already started out great. This morning before the store opened, I went to see my niece at her school. They were having all kinds of Halloween festivities, decorating cookies, games, and of course a parade where they can show off their costumes. She was adorable dressed as Alice in Wonderland.

The fun will continue tonight as my neighbors all get together for a potluck dinner. (Have I mentioned how much I love my neighborhood?) Our Halloween potluck has become an annual event which we always look forward to. It started several years ago on Halloween night, when, wanting a little festiveness, I challenged my husband to a pumpkin carving contest. (We still debate over who won) Afterwards, wanting to show off our pumpkin beauties, we set up a table outside with pumpkins, candles, and of course a grand candy bowl to await trick-or-treaters. Upon noticing that we were outside, the neighbors began wandering over, then margaritas started flowing and that was it! We were hooked! Now it is a big event, complete with a candy booth that we set up with all of the combined candy for the trick-or-treaters to enjoy.

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween.

-M.

1 comment:

Everhart Family said...

Yay for Halloween! See you tonight.