Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Eat, Drink, and be Merry!


Because Christmas is a time to gather with family and friends, Bob and I host an annual Christmas party. It has turned into a big event. Every year we invite about 50 people to share in an evening of food, fun and karaoke! It is serious fun! Usually Bob selects a menu of enough complicated food that it sends me over the edge. We are cooking for days before the party! This year we are serving Mexican food consisting of carne asada, pollo asada, rice, beans, salsa etc. I know this sounds simple, but trust me, Bob will find a way to kick it up a notch! Already, the beans can't just be beans, they have to be chipotle puree', and he is making an avocado sauce, roasted bell pepper sauce, roasted salsa and who knows what all else for the accessories. Well, lucky me, my house is already decorated and there isn't much left to do. Now I can relax and enjoy the food preparation!

Of course the invitation is the first impression of any event, so you must match your invite to the occasion. This is the invitation we sent out this year. I love it! It is perfectly merry!

Have a wonderful week and I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful weather.

-M

No comments: