Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!




This Thanksgiving is going to be so much fun! Some of my family (it is quite large and we are seldom all together on this holiday) and I are going to spend the weekend up in Pinetop. Bob's brothers have a lovely cabin that they are letting us use. You would not believe the amount of items and food we are bringing up there! Seriously, we had to ask our neighbor to borrow his trailer to pull behind my brothers Tahoe. We are cracking up! We are going to look like the Beverly Hillbillies driving down the road. Because we are cooking fanatics and want to have the table looking perfect, we are bringing our own pots and pans, food processor, china, tablecloths, decor, all the food and of course, an extra portable convection oven just in case! I know this sounds crazy, but my family is just as in to this as Bob and I are. We are also bringing loads of DVD's, because what Thanksgiving would be complete without watching Miracle on 34th Street?

We plan to bake pies on Wednesday night, cook and watch the Macy's parade on Thanksgiving, then Friday will be games, Christmas movie marathon, and hanging out with Grandma. Plus, it should be snowing up there!!! Perfect!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

-M.

p.s. We are cooking cranberry-glazed turkey with cranberry-cornbread stuffing pictured above from Martha Stewart. We absolutely love this recipe and have used it for 3 years! I highly recommend you trying it next year!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I love Martha Stewart :)