Thursday, April 16, 2009


I am turning 40 in June and I can't wait! Yes, I know that seems weird, but I love where I am in my life so what's to be unhappy about? My sisters and my husband are planning my party. When asked what theme I would like, my thoughts went to these dishes that I have been obsessing over. So it's from this lovely dinnerware that the party is being planned from. I just love the colors and of course the birds.

I have been hounding Bob for about 6 months now to let me get these dishes to which of course the answer has always been a very adamant NO! When I pointed out that we have been eating off our other set of everyday dishes for 15 years now, he casually pointed out that I have about 5 other sets of dishes. Darn! But I feel those don't count because I only have 4 place settings in some of the other patterns just because I loved them so much I couldn't live without them. (Have I ever mentioned that if I didn't have a paper store I would have a dishes store? You can never have too many options where dining is concerned! Hello, summer dishes, winter dishes, intimate evening dishes, fiesta, and so on!)

Anywhoo, back to the party. It is going to be so much fun! It is going to be a small affair. Of course I know what the invitations look like since I ordered them, but aside from that, it will be a surprise. If you knew the party gurus that my sisters, and friends are (including K from Domestic Bliss) it will be rockin'! I will definitely be showing pics after the event.

Until then, look at these lovely dishes and get some happiness!

-M.

p.s. On top dishes, I absolutely love dresses and pick them up whenever possible. Upon coming home with yet another dress yesterday Bob gave me the arched eyebrow look that said no more. To which I stated that 'honey, think of it this way... you are actually saving money when I buy a dress since it is a complete outfit. Otherwise I would have to buy pants AND a shirt.' hee hee. Just thought you might want to use that one on your husband!

1 comment:

Domestic Bliss & FOUND said...

L-O-V-E!!!! Can't wait... It is going to be magnificent~ just like you my sweet friend!
xoxo-K