Wednesday, April 15, 2009


I hope everyone had a happy Easter. I sure did! It was a gorgeous weekend so that in itself is a huge happiness factor. But, I have to say, the greatest part of Easter was the fact that we didn't have to get together with either Bob's or my family! Now that is not saying we don't love our families but it sure was nice being able to relax all day and do whatever we wanted to without having places we needed to be.

We made the most out of our happy day together which meant lots of food! I can't believe it but we actually made it to the 8:15 a.m. church service. (Thanks to Bob making me get out of bed) Then we made a feast of a breakfast just for the two of us. In hind sight I wish we had invited family over to enjoy it with us! We had pancakes, scrambled eggs with shallots, cilantro and cotija cheese, roasted asparagus, and mimosas.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing outside, riding bikes and watching our Betty Crocker neighborhood go to town on Easter egg hunts! For our dinner Bob whipped up a prime rib roast with Madeira sauce and a creamy horseradish sauce, caramelized onions, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes! I told you we ate a lot! I don't have pics of the dinner but I attached some of our breakfast.

-M.






1 comment:

Everhart Family said...

I can still smell the horseradish...thanks Bob!