Friday, May 29, 2009

In celebration of tomatoes, and in anticipation of my own from my garden, I am posting some pictures of recent tomato loving endeavours Bob and I have cooked. My neighbor recently loaned me a stack of books on preserving vegetables. Let me tell you, they are scary! I am a more than a little overwhelmed at the amount of charts and ratios in them. However, our tomatoes continue to grow at an exorbitant rate and I need to be ready to use or store every single one of these beauties!

The top photo is of some bruschetta we made one Friday for Happy Hour. The bottom photo is a pizza we made last Monday when we got home from California. We like to keep pizza dough from Trader Joe's in the freezer. That makes for an easy meal when you can roll it out and top it with anything in the fridge.


Have a great weekend and send me some photos of any yummy tomato creations or recipes you may have!

-M.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hooray for Trader Joe's pizza dough. I make Krys a pizza with pesto, roma tomatoes and fresh mozarella. It's simple, but he loves it.

Judy Wood said...

wow, lovely photos... i don't really have a recipe, but enjoy adding a little roma tomato to stuffed zuccini... *smiles*