Tuesday, May 5, 2009

These are some pictures from my trip to Kansas. I absolutely loved it! The sky was so blue and lots of green grass everywhere. I kept thinking all of my nightmares were going to come true and a tornado was going to swing through at any moment. Of course that didn't happen. But you can't help but think these thoughts while in the land of Dorothy.

This is downtown Lawrence where I spent most of my time.
Photos taken from somewhere online (I forgot where).

I would have died and gone to Barbie heaven to have these pink beauties when I was little! I am still coveting them.

These photos were taken in the cutest fabric store I have ever been in. Good thing I don't know the first thing about sewing because as it was I had to restrain myself from buying endless supplies of fabric that I would never do anything with!

(love the cat lounging shamelessly)

This picture speaks for itself! Hysterical! (Tip jar in one of the downtown cafes)


This was a delicious French restaurant we dined at in Topeka. (What? A French restaurant in a western saloon styled building?)


I just had to take a picture of possibly the best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever tasted!
Bob and I were extremely fortunate to happen across one last great restaurant on the way to the airport. I highly recommend this cafe if you are ever in Kansas City. Missouri that is. Until then check out the menu and get inspired! Kansas City Cafe
There is one more restaurant I feel I must mention just in case any of you get to Topeka. We were given the recommendation to dine at the Rowhouse Restaurant. It didn't disappoint! This wonderful restaurant changes it's menu every week. I was so enamoured with the food that I emailed the chef to request the recipes and believe it or not, he actually sent them to me!
Have a great weekend.
-M.

No comments: