Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hamburger Heaven!



I don't know about any of you, but I have a hard time juggling work and dinner. In fact, if I don't plan ahead, we usually end up eating out, or having cheese quasadillas! I am not one of those talented people that can just throw together a meal out of anything in the fridge, so on the weekends I try to make a game plan for the week ahead. All I can say is, Rachael Ray rocks! I have several of her cookbooks and I love how easy and delicious they are. Perfect for dinner after a hard day at work! The above photo is the Open-Face Blue Moon Burgers with 'Shrooms from Rachael's Express Lane Meals cookbook. Dee-lish! (we just the above burger cookbook in the store - I will definitely be trying recipes from it!)
I also just bought some marinated meats from Trader Joe's this past weekend. I tried the curry chicken on Monday. It was really good. We cooked it in a cast iron skillet, then cut it up and tossed it with a little mayo, toasted some bread, melted some cheese on top, and made chicken sandwiches! We also found that arugula paired brilliantly with it. A very easy and yummy dinner option.
To add a bit of color and fun to our dining, I love to use paper napkins with fun prints. And, call me crazy, but if I can match the design on the napkin to the kind of food we are having, I feel complete!
So, back to burgers... the great American food. I have posted pics of burger napkins that we currently have in the store. Why not celebrate summer and friends with a burger party? You could set up a whole table of possible toppings and let your guests build their own! Entice their taste buds with our cute burger invite shown above.
-M.

No comments: