Saturday, August 22, 2009




Bob and I went shopping down Del Mar Street today in San Clemente. While there, I always have to visit one of my favorite shops, Erba. You know my obsession with soaps and paper so if you could see this store you would know why I am inexorably drawn to it. Today though, I was on a mission. You see, K, is coming to visit next week and it just so happens that she will be here on her birthday! Well of course we must make sure this will be a grand occasion for her. That being said, I wanted to find the perfect gift (which I did!).

So trying to keep that in mind and think "K" not "me" I began to shop and Lord help me, I almost bought two new absolutely beautiful boxes of stationery! For me! As I was lovingly caressing them, Bob, the ever logical one says, "You're kidding right?".

"What!!?? Honey, look at these! I need them for my birthday thank yous!" I answered. Yes, I did just admit out loud that I have yet to write them. And yes, my birthday WAS in June! Please keep in mind that immediately after my birthday I had a MAJOR life change and July was a very stressful month.

"Do you know how many boxes of stationery we have in our garage??!!!" He implored.

"Uggghhhh..... okay FINE!" I just had to give in. He was right after all! So I begrudgingly put them back and I swear I feel like I left a piece of me behind in that store! A girl can NEVER have too much stationery. You never know what situation might come up that you need the perfect card for! And it had glitter on it too! :( Oh well, my little beauties, I might be back for you someday....

-M.

Photos compliments of someone who DOES have a cord for her camera! I really must rectify this situation.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I laughed out loud when I read your husband's remark about the stationery. Glad you are having a grand time!

Judy Wood said...

isn't shopping wonderful? i often find myself beginning to buy cute tops even tho i have three in the same color and similiar style in my closet at home... i wonder to myself "what happens if my old top gets stained or lost or maybe it doesn't fit JUST right like this one does..." sometimes i buy, sometimes i put it back with a sigh... after all, i already have TWO closets FULL of clothes, who could EVER need more?!? right... *giggle* okay, i admit it, i LOVE shopping, if the price is right, and the style is perfect, i do pick up a few things here and there... lol...

Judy Wood said...

*wave* hope you're doing well! we expect to hear MORE from you this week...

Judy Wood said...

where did you GO?!? be sure to keep in touch with all of us! we want to know how your newfound freedom is going?!? i've been really busy subbing high school so far this year! and teaching on saturdays! fun fun... AND creating! using some of the lacy ribbons i bought at your store! fun! take care! keep in touch!

Karen said...

Marlene,
Hope all is well. I just went by the store today and found out you had closed. I'll miss it greatly. It was one of the best stationary stores in the valley.
Karen