Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oh what the heck. I have been hesitant to post since I don't have a cable to transfer photos from my camera and therefore am at the mercy of the camera on my phone. So I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos I will be posting in the next couple of weeks. Unless by some miracle I find a place around here that has the crazy connector that this camera requires. No simple USB cables for me!

It is now day 3 of my 3 weeks of pure happiness in Dana Point. Truly my sister has made a home here that is serenity embodied! You cannot be in her house and not find peace. You never want to leave!


I have been spending my days cooking and baking. The very things I planned on doing. Monday I endeavoured to make a caramelized leek-and-celery tart. It turned out pretty good if you don't count the fact that I made my own version of the dough recipe since I didn't want to use vegetable shortening and therefore my crust was a little too dry. That and the fact that I forgot to put in an essential spice for flavor! Honestly! My husband just rolled his eyes when I told him. He knows all too well that this is unfortunately something I do on a regular basis. Like the time when I made lemon bars and forgot to add the lemon juice. Or the time I baked banana bread and realized I forgot to add the eggs to the dough 5 minutes after I put it in the oven!



Well every day brings another culinary adventure! Bob says not to give up on the tarts since he knows I love them so much and have had several successes in the past. It's just sort of a large bummer when you spend the entire day making the darn thing and it doesn't turn out exactly as you hoped.

All I can say is wow how my life has changed when the only bummer in my day is how my baking turns out!
-M.
p.s. yah, the beautiful photo above is from tipnut. Not my camera!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. Jealous on soooo many levels.
1. Too hot here for baking
2. Don't have an oven...:(
Stink.
D