Monday, August 10, 2009

Life Post M & Co.


Hmmmm..... life post M & Co..... MAJOR ADJUSTMENT!!! I would like to say that the last week (my first week of freedom) was filled with bon bons and lunches with friends. The sad truth is that I was so depressed last week I didn't do anything! This is going to take some time to get used to. I mean, M & Co. was my constant companion for 10 years! I don't know what it means to not have to go to work or check in constantly (even while on vacation), or have a solid nights' sleep, and just chill.

But I am working really hard on relaxing! That's my new job right now. Well, that and housework but I'll get to that later. When mid week rolled around and I was starting to feel better mentally, I realized that physically I needed to let go as well. I have carried so much tension in my body all of these years that I literally don't know how to let it go. So, I got a massage last Thursday. The gal tried to beat me into submission and did a pretty good job of softening my muscles, but we both agreed it is going to take several times to get me loosened up. She even told me I had tension in my face! She said maybe from clenching my jaws? Who me, be tense while sleeping? I look back now on the previous massages I've had and remember concentrating so hard on trying to relax and feeling my body rigid even while they were massaging. I couldn't wait to get off the table because an hour of "down time" gave me a lot of time to think of all the things I had to get done at the store. What kind of life is that?! Don't answer that. I already know.

Every day I am feeling better and am trying to figure out some kind of organization for my life.

I can't wait to see what each new day brings!

-M.

4 comments:

Everhart Family said...

Main Street won't be the same without you. For reals! I am excited to see you more often in the 'hood!

XOXO

Unknown said...

I agree with the Everhart Family. Main St. will never be the same. Neither will my afternoon bike rides to the store :( so sad. Love the pic btw, and I KNOW you can make a mean pie, so GET CRACKIN!!!

Judy Wood said...

glad you found your way back to the wonderful world of blogging...

rest, recover, then get busy on your NEXT adventure... *smile*

Jennifer said...

Marlene, Main Street misses you!